A Conference Networking Interactive Web App
The prototype demonstrates the concept of how conference attendees may enhance getting together for activities at an event. Whenever one user creates or responds to a meet, all users instantly see the update without refreshing their browsers.
In this live application, it shows that it is possible to use a modern, instantly-updating framework to help to organize meetings and conferences.
- Real-time display of created meets
- Real-time display of who is going to a meet or not
- Private meetings supported with email invitation
- Helps conference goers find people and activities because of its inherent map interface
This example has the potential the basis of an open-source project. Its code is at https://github.com/truevis/meet .
Future possible enhancements:
- Administration view
- Replace double-click behavior for touch devices
- LinkedIn / Google Plus logins and avatars
- Rich text in the meets’ descriptions
- Improved responsiveness in all browser sizes and orientations
- Text labels / logos for the meet icons
- Enhanced CRUD (create, read, update and delete) database functions for meets
- Calendar / time integration
- Changeable background maps
- Add more mobile features like geolocation, wayfinding, and notifications